Leadership Overland Park (LOP) was established to develop leaders who are passionate about the future of their city and community. This leadership program informs and educates the future leaders of the region and prepares them to meet the challenges of today and tomorrow.
Founded in 1983, Leadership Overland Park is a program of the OP Chamber Foundation and has graduated over 930 alumni.
Current Class & Alumni
LOP Program Information
Leadership Overland Park (LOP) is a 6‐month program, with 10 full‐day sessions from January‐June. Sessions focus on specific aspects of Overland Park such as city, county and state government, history, education, politics and current issues facing the city, county, metro area and state. The program gives focus to the Overland Park community, its opportunities and challenges. Emphasis is given to the City of Overland Park, Johnson County, the Kansas City Metro Area and the State of Kansas. During each session participants learn to use the skills necessary to be leaders in our region.
At the conclusion of Leadership Overland Park, participants will:
- Better understand the community's challenges and opportunities
- Know community leaders
- Recognize interactions between private citizens and public organizations
- See Overland Park in terms of the “big picture”
- Know more people – from classmates to presenters to participants in activities
- Have a valuable network of regional contacts
- Enhance leadership skills and see themselves as leaders
- Be ready to serve