FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Libbey Tucker, Senior Vice President, Economic Development, email@example.com or (913) 766-7612
Overland Park Chamber EDC to recognize business contributions
Overland Park, Kan., January 23, 2024 – The Overland Park Chamber Economic Development Council will recognize 11 businesses and organizations for their contributions to economic growth in Overland Park at its annual Honors Lunch. The program begins at 11:30 a.m. on Wednesday, February 7, in Johnson County Community College’s Regnier Center.
NOVA awards, which recognize fast-growing and innovative companies, will be presented to these Overland Park companies:
- Flight Schedule Pro – a software development company that produces the industry-leading software platform used by flight schools and training academies across the globe and provides digital solutions for aircraft scheduling, training, billing, maintenance.
- Incisive Consultants – an electronic health record consulting firm dedicated to guiding health care organizations through digital transformation.
- Playfair Data – an end-to-end visual analytics consultancy specializing in analytics strategy, data engineering, data science, data visualization, and training.
The Commercial Development Award recognizes significant investment and reinvestment in the Overland Park economy. This year, the OPEDC will honor:
- Fusion Bank – in its 125th anniversary in 2021, the bank acquired and renovated a 40-year-old building at 7800 College Boulevard for its Kansas City-area base of operations. It has been listed among the Kansas City Business Journal's Five Strongest Banks in the Kansas City area.
- Johnson County Community College – completed renovations of its science building, which is now home to new gathering spaces and updated labs and classrooms for biology, human anatomy and physiology, microbiology, zoology and more. The updates include state-of-the-art equipment, and the spaces are configured to support even more hands-on project-based learning.
- Kompass Kapital Management – achieved LEED Gold certification during a renovation of its headquarters at 9800 Metcalf Avenue.
- LongHouse Visitor Center – following 30 years of dreaming, the Arts & Recreation Foundation raised nearly $11.5 million from hundreds of donors to construct LongHouse Visitor Center, the new front door to the Overland Park Arboretum & Botanical Gardens and the premier gathering place in Overland Park for celebrations and meetings.
- UMB – the bank renovated its longstanding branch location in downtown Overland Park resulting in a modern, more comfortable building that fits changes and redevelopment that are making the downtown district more pedestrian-oriented. It also allows for additional commercial opportunities on the property.
Business Hall of Honor inductees for 2024 are:
- EPC Real Estate Group – developed Avenue 80 in downtown Overland Park. It also broke ground last year on OsLo, a four-story, 413-unity luxury Class A apartment complex at 135th Street and Antioch Road. The project is expected to be completed by late 2025.
- The University of Kansas Health System – the health system has made major investments in Overland Park including expansion of its Indian Creek Campus, the KU Health Cancer Center, Ambulatory Surgical Center and a medical clinic at Corbin Park.
Receiving this year’s Ben Craig Vision Award will be the Sunderland Foundation. This foundation was established by Lester T. Sunderland, who served as president of the Ash Grove Cement Company, which has its corporate headquarters in Overland Park. The Sunderland Foundation has a history of supporting capital building projects including planning, design, construction, renovation, repairs and restoration providing a necessary source of funding for established nonprofits that need new or improved facilities. The Ben Craig Vision Award was established in 2008 to recognize outstanding leadership in honor of the decades of community service by Overland Park banker and civic leader Ben Craig.
Registration for this lunch event is available at https://bit.ly/3TKtCEf.
# # #
We bring people together. Lead the hard conversations. Tackle the big issues. We work every day to make Overland Park the best place to build a business, a career and a home.
(913) 491-3600 | www.opchamber.org