The Chamber EDC recognized 3 fast-growing companies, 4 commercial projects, and a business pillar at its 13th annual Honors Lunch on February 6. The luncheon was sponsored by McCownGordon Construction.
NOVA Awards are given out each year to three young, fast-growing companies in Overland Park. This year the winners are:
- Play-it Health, a health IT company that uses a mobile platform to help patients understand their prescriptions, track their progress, and manage chronic conditions. Play-it Health, with offices in Overland Park and Denver, uses a suite of tools on its online platform to assist patients in adhering to a medical plan with their doctor or medical professional. These include education for patients, calendars to track medical and dietary plans, and instant messaging with health care providers to answer immediate questions.
- Safely Delicious, which makes 7 different flavors of snacks that are free from the top 11 food allergens. Founder and Overland Park native Lisa Ragan began to sell her product to the public after snacks she made for her children were embraced by her coworkers. Safely Delicious products are available in over 200 locations, including Hy-Vee and Hen House.
- Veracity Consulting, a consulting company with a mission to bridge the gap between business and technology. Its focus is on IT strategy, project management, quality assurance, business process optimization, and digital customer experience. Veracity has grown to more than 150 employees and has clients as far away as Hawaii and Switzerland.
Commercial Development Awards recognize significant investment and reinvestment in the Overland Park economy. This year the honorees are:
- AdventHealth College Boulevard and AdventHealth South Overland Park. AdventHealth College Boulevard is a three-story, 58,000 square foot, medical facility with an emergency department, laboratory and radiology center, medical office space, and a wellness center. AdventHealth South Overland Park is two buildings; one a 75,000 square foot facility with 24/7 emergency services, laboratory, radiology, and medical office facilities for primary care and physical therapy, the other is an 83-bed, 193,000 square foot hospital, due to open in 2021.
- The Vue, developed by Hunt Midwest, is a six-story apartment community in downtown Overland Park that boasts amenities such as a resort-style saltwater pool and sundeck, spacious courtyard with gas firepit and lounge area, and pet bathing and grooming stations.
- Bluhawk, Phase I, a 300-acre mixed-use development project that incorporates single family homes, apartments and hotels, retail and restaurant space, and entertainment options. This includes a new public facility for the Overland Park Fire & Police Department, and 135,000 square feet of retail and restaurant space, anchored by Cosentino’s Marketplace.
- WellSky Corporation and its new world headquarters at CityPlace. WellSky moved in to its new four-story, 120,000 square foot home in July 2019. The headquarters has unique features, including the outdoor patio space for employees and a highly visible lighted art display on top of the building.
The Chamber also inducted a company into its Business Hall of Honor. This year the honoree is:
Block Real Estate Services, a full-service commercial real estate company managing over 43 million square feet of retail, office, and industrial properties. Block Real Estate’s work in Overland Park began in 1978. In addition to commercial ventures and development projects in and around the city, the company, its leaders and its employees also have notable charitable and leadership roles in the community, including the Allan J. Block Outpatient Palliative Care Program at the University of Kansas Cancer Center and many acts of service performed in the aftermath of the 2017 CityPlace fire.
The Overland Park Chamber Economic Development Council is an investment partnership among the City of Overland Park, the Overland Park Chamber of Commerce and more than 80 private business community investors. It works to build an increasingly strong local economy anchored by a diverse job base and an exceptional quality of life.